Join a Global Adventure...
The Adventures of Camellia N. is award-winning children's book series for early readers and bedtime explorers. Pint-size Camellia’s nightly dreams take her on magical adventures to all seven continents, under the sea and into space where she learns about and gains appreciation for the environment, wildlife and natural resources.
This nine-part book series not only educates and entertains, but encourages children to become global ambassadors and environmental superheros. The Adventures of Camellia N. is the recipient of the prestigious Mom's Choice Gold Award®.
The first book takes Camellia N. on an exciting journey to the northernmost part of our planet...
" I think all children start out as explorers and some of us never stop. In this delightful and engaging book series, The Adventures of Camellia N., our heroine, Camellia N. explores the ocean to discover the mysteries of our blue life support system. She explores what it means that we are all connected to the ocean - important knowledge and an inspiration to children everywhere!"
- National Geographic Society Explorer-in-Residence Dr. Sylvia Earle, called "Her Deepness" by the New Yorker and the New York Times, "Living Legend" by the Library of Congress, and first "Hero for the Planet" by Time Magazine, is an oceanographer, explorer, author and lecturer
"The Adventures of Camellia N. is a children’s book series that not only educates young children with positive messaging, but helps propel them to action through Camellia Kids Care projects. Children are our future…and Camellia is an inspiring role model for them to become environmental ambassadors.”
- Bill Richardson; Founder of The Richardson Center for Global Engagement; former two-term Governor of New Mexico, U.S. Congressman, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations and former Energy Secretary of the United States
“The Adventures of Camellia N. helps foster the idea that humans have to live in harmony with each other, other species and planet earth. This beautiful book series, which covers every part of our planet, provides a powerful message for young children. As Camellia gains an appreciation of the world surrounding her, so do the readers. Camellia and her adventures will help educate and inspire children throughout our planet, with hopes of creating change."
- Graciela Chichilnisky: Visiting Professor at Stanford University and the CEO of Global Thermostat. The Washington Post calls her an "A-List Star." Time Magazine calls her a "Hero of the Environment." Graciela worked extensively on the Kyoto Protocol, creating and designing the carbon market that became international law in 2005.
"The next 50 years will be critical in our effort to define the importance of wild spaces. History shows that people protect what they know and understand. By introducing young children to ambassador animals that depend upon endangered ecosystems for survival, Debbie Wideroe takes an essential first step. "The Adventures of Camellia N" provides parents and educators a creative and entertaining launch pad, from which they can introduce young minds to the magical beauty of the wild kingdom."
-Georgienne Bradley: Founder & Director, Sea Save Foundation
"When you look at a forest you see an abundance of wildlife. When you look at the ocean you just see the surface and rarely see below. We desperately need to get kids looking under the sea understanding our oceans. I can think of no better way than Debbie Wideroe's The Adventures of Camellia N. series. Here you really do get to dive into an adventure. I suggest you all jump in!"
- Dr. Iain Kerr; CEO Ocean Alliance specializes in "conservation science," protecting whales and their environment through research and education. Dr. Kerr leads international teams in research and conservation efforts to all parts of the globe
“Shooting a film on the human face of our shifting climate took me to the far corners of the world. Hybrid educational platforms like The Adventures of Camellia N. are a perfect vehicle allowing the dance between entertainment and education. There is no greater time to spawn a paradigm shift than a youthful and free mind.”
- Michael P. Nash: Award-Winning Filmmaker
"Well done Camellia N! Books for children are fun and also teach them about the wonders of nature are always so welcome. Caring about our shared planet can start before we learn to walk."
- Peter Boyd: Former COO of Carbon War Room & Founder of Time4Good
“The Adventures of Camellia N. inspires young readers to love and care for the Earth. Debbie Widerøe writes in a warm and lively style that will instantly captivate her readers. She has created a delightful gift to children.”
- Esther Lindop, Author and Educator
"From the high North of the Arctic, the destination of Camellia N.'s first dream adventure, to the deep, blue sea, where Camellia travels next, all that is wild needs protection; protection from humans by humans. How much better will we protect what we admire and love. Camellia N. will take our youngest generations on a voyage that should install the respect and inspiration needed to treasure the wild and the wild things in it!"
- Erwin Vermeulen, Chief Engineer of Sea Shepherd
"Filled with interesting facts and ideas, coupled with beautiful images, this book is a delight to read."
- Tina C. Johnson, District Library Media Specialist, LVUSD
"...a perfect bedtime story.. Camellia N. is a superhero for this generation!"
- Tammie Celi, LAUSD Teacher/Librarian
" A creative blend of fact and fiction, not often found in picture books."
- Joann Fritzen, OPUSD Library/Media Technician
""Dreamy images, exciting adventure, this award- winning author's new educational series promises to offer many hours of fun exploration for children age 5 and up."
- Midwest Book Review